My World - Nirai

This is a place where I wish to discuss my views, thoughts, criticisms, dreams etc..... on anything and everything around me. A hiatus....to fill the day with joy and enthusiasm :)

Friday, February 03, 2006

Songs I admire ......

Currently songs from "Thambi" impressed me the most... All are folk-based and melody songs....
Though I like almost all the songs.... "Sudum Nilavu Sudaadha Sooriyan" by Harini and Unnikrishnan catches a spl place....

I would say Manmandir's slogan "As usual Unusual" suits the most to Vidyasagar.... His genre of songs is very different.... I have an expectation about the type of songs from Ilayaraja, A R Rahman, Yuvan etc... But from Vidyasagar....You can never expect.

One of my most favourite songs from him is "Udaiyaadha Vennila" from Priyam. It is a classic in melodies.... his films like Priyam, Karna (excellent variety), Anbe Sivam, Run, Gilli, Parthiban Kanavu (very enjoyable), Chandramukhi to Thambi... each one is different and unique in its own kind.

Though melodies top my list, I also enjoy his fast tracks like Appadi podu, Dilruba,Ye Shabba, Theeraadha dum venum, etc...

Like a whole lot of ppl, I also enjoy music very much :) It does change my moods drastically...

When I am upset some songs which make me drastically better are -

-> Nila Kaaigiradhu from Indra - Hey I had the opportunity to hear Harini singing it live when I went to a light music show organised for an orphanage a couple of weeks back... just can't explain the joy I experienced when she started with that song :) I feel like someone singing a lullaby for me to calm down and sleep...

-> Malarndum Malaraada from Paasa malar - Both the music as well as wordings gives me the enjoyment - especially "kannin mani pola ... maniyin nizhal pola pirandhu valarndhomadaa... indha mannum kadal vaanum.... pirikka ninaithaalum pirikka mudiyaadhadaa"

-> En Vaaniley from Johny - not sure what impresses me.... i think it's the general tone of the song

-> Kurai Ondrum Illai by MS - first time Vijay sang this for me. I was surprised when he told this devotional song as one of his favourites.... now this is my favourite too :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Loga said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 7:28:00 AM  
Blogger Loga said...

haven't heard thambi film songs..will hear it and tell u...
ya vidysagar is the one from whom we can expect the unexpected..One of my favourites is "Aasai Aasai " song from Dhool-Excellent melody :)

Ur list of melodies is an excellent collection

Saturday, February 04, 2006 7:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its really sad when pets demise. We can only try to heal ourselfes by cherishing those moments spent with them. ....
Don't worryyyyy nirai.....
God has taken away Gundappa but he will be sending gundappa in some other form.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 10:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even I love the songs from Thambi.
They are a real classic.

For that matter all of Vidyasagar's latest numbers are a treat for the ears.

As for Kurai Ondrum Illai, I heard that song when someone next door played it over their tape player during my childhood days.

Even my mom and few others used to sing this song.

MS is really great. I would consider this song as one of her all time best.

Sad that this great singer is no more :( :( :(

Friday, February 10, 2006 10:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home