My World - Nirai

This is a place where I wish to discuss my views, thoughts, criticisms, dreams etc..... on anything and everything around me. A hiatus....to fill the day with joy and enthusiasm :)

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Re-living memories....

Hey I saw a post in my friend Loga's blog which reminded me of my good old friends :)

One of my fond memories is that of Sumithra akka :)
She was my Polytechnic senior :) Our blooming of friendship itself was a weird one :)

I used to have this silly habit of smiling at everyone... to any X/Y on the street also..... (though I've now stopped this ... as one fine day I realised it doesn't sound correct to smile at some unknown guy on the road). Till the mid of my Polytechnic days, I was stayed inspired of the quote 'Every single soul in this world deserves a nice smile.... If the other person is poor to even give that, you be generous enough to give him one' .

One day she has seen me during our Friday assembly....she was in some trouble and I had smiled at her in a very lively way which had made her feel good :)

She liked me for that gesture :) My friends at hostel had told good things about me (that's cool isn't it) which made me some sort of a pet for her :) She started sending me cards signed as "someone who loves you for what you are".... She used to write such beautiful poems about her feelings for me.... all cards she sent were hand made... I first thought it came from a guy as the wordings misled me :)

After a couple of weeks only I came to know it was her.... how relieved and happy I were :)
She used to speak so nicely, softly, lovingly to me :) I felt like a child when I was with her :)

I also stayed with her in her hostel room one day :) I enjoyed it very much :) I re-live the joy when I think of it :) As we slept, she started patting me as my father used to do :) Though I was wide awake I pretended to be sleeping for quite a long time :) We used to meet so often during breaks in our campus and at her hostel :)

She wrote to me even after her course completion.... I replied once or twice... then as time went on, we lost touch.... I lost her contact address as well as phone no :(

How nice it would be if I can meet her again :) Will I still be in her memories ..... I don't know :)

But Our friendship was something like the feelings which Wordsworth pens in his 'Daffodils',

"For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils"

Let me complete my post with Sumithra akka ... as it's time to leave for our get-to today for my friend Subha's marriage gift purchase :)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky/unlucky sumithra...a great soul is longing for u...!!!!

The world is round Nirai...Probably...u wud have met so many like me...in the place of her:)

Monday, February 27, 2006 2:56:00 PM  
Blogger Niraimathi said...

Oru chinna request....

Please put your name while commenting :)

Just choose 'other' instead of 'anonymous' and enter your name :)

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ellam unga adjacent cubicle beauty than,,,:)

Hope U got me...:)

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger Loga said...

ur way of picking up words is very nice

enna romba naaley aaley kanom entha pakkam?

Monday, March 06, 2006 6:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

romba...uzhaikiren...Loga..

Enga..Lead ,,kitta...Kelunga...
,ungaluku ..update pannuvanga...:)

Hope u r having real great time..there,,,

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 6:50:00 PM  
Blogger shubs said...

hey nirai..

reading this reminds me of my senior in my school days......flash back.....appo naan 11th standard padichukittu irundhen ......
i had a same kinda of experience ..of getting cards from my senior...but still don't know whats the reason behind getting them..... her name is anitha(12th std-biology group)....

then, I used to go early to school in the morning to spend time with her as she was preparing fr her exams and use to give encouraging words for her....

I too lost touch with her after my schooling!!!

It would be really nice if we both get to meet them again :)

wishful thinking !

Thursday, April 13, 2006 6:19:00 AM  
Blogger Shanthi said...

Hey Nirai i have tagged u!
Check out my blog for details.
Just to make u blog again after ur honeymoon : )

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:16:00 PM  
Blogger Shanthi said...

Idhudhaan andha rendu tag

http://shanthiscribbles.blogspot.com/2006/04/4-her.html

http://shanthiscribbles.blogspot.com/2006/04/2nd-tag.html

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:49:00 PM  
Blogger Loga said...

Start blogging again!!!

Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home