My World - Nirai

This is a place where I wish to discuss my views, thoughts, criticisms, dreams etc..... on anything and everything around me. A hiatus....to fill the day with joy and enthusiasm :)

Friday, November 10, 2006

Dinam dinam dinam Deepavali :)

This year it was Thalai Diwali for Vijay n me :) We had a great time ..... during all those gummaalams.... lot of memories were rushing back to memories :)

Diwali………Something for which we were waiting for the whole year as a kid…...we used to start celebrations atleast 2 months back…. We’ll start in a small scale with rollcaps, vengaya vedi…. Then slowly grow to kuruvi vedi, Krishnar vedi, saram etc…. I still remember the Diwali eve… Our father used to buy and get us the crackers during that day night only… So we used to keep awake to see the list of crackers he has got for us (always he’ll end up getting scoldings from Mom for spending unnecessarily)…. Kaasu kari aagudhu… this is a common comment on bursting crackers… but somehow I’m mad about crackers… I love bursting all day long especially the nightworks….the beauty of kambi mathaapu, pencil, changu chakkaram, Buswanam….

During my childhood, our family and my neighbour family Babu anna n family used to come together for all vaaluthanams… we used to complete all our crackers and then go to our terrace and sit and watch the splendid nightworks in the bungalow at the back of our house…. That bungalow is supposedly owned by the TVS family… it is a dreamhouse for all of us…. It is spread over more than 10 grounds…. Full of gardens, lawns, basket ball court, swimming pool at the centre of house…. It also features two bulldogs which was brought in as two cute puppies and have now grown up to ferocious ones… they used to burst all the big sparkling ones which goes up like a rocket and bursts in the sky producing great lightworks…. Evlo azhagaana kaatchi… evlo paarthaalum alukaadhu….

Now, we have grown up to good levels and so my brothers had bought all those crackers on our own …When firing them, I felt like having done some great achievement. Vijay had to continuously keep check on me for safety… still I like to jump on and around the rotating Changu-chakrams….The joy we get during these moments is incomparable…

The happiness of eating Masala verkadalai in Beach can never be excelled by a Star hotel buffet :) Chinna vayasu sandoshangal neraiya irukku appadi …. Beach-la oruthara oruthar thalli vittu thanni adichu velaiyaadaradhu, Manal Kovil katti suthi compound katti velaiyaadaradhu, street pasanga ellorum serndhu Koottanchoru senju saapadaradhu, Pasangalukkula sandai podaradhu, Kovil Thiruvizha-la ellaa kadaigalaiyum aasai aasaiyaa vedikkai paarkaradhu, festival days-la Amma enna palakaaram seiya poraanganu wait panni nalla kottu kottunu kottikaradhu, Appa-Amma kitta poi Anna ippadi panninaan, thambi ippadi panninaanu poi complaint pandradhu….

OK I think this list will be never ending…. But after a long time, I enjoyed to the peak this Diwali with my family …. Nallaa saaptu…. Padam paarthu…. Oor suthi…..Pattasu vedichu….Ore Kondaattam dhaan….. Amma dhaan paavam … I didn’t even offer the smallest help in Kitchen….Bad girl-la :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Shanthi said...

oi kalakkal nirai : )

i could just imagine how much u would have enjoyed.

kiddies-la best kiddies award kudukkalaam dee unakku for ur chinna ponnu aasais :D

enjoy sweetie : ))))))

Monday, November 13, 2006 4:01:00 PM  
Blogger கோகுல் சத்தியமூர்த்தி said...

As usual a vivid & an interesting blog from you...... chinna vayasula dhum adikarthu evlo sugam-nu ezhutha maranthuta paar.....

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 1:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!!!!!!! Really an excelant post. While reading, I jst remembered my childhood days. I really feel missing those days and my hometown.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 1:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home