My World - Nirai

This is a place where I wish to discuss my views, thoughts, criticisms, dreams etc..... on anything and everything around me. A hiatus....to fill the day with joy and enthusiasm :)

Monday, July 16, 2007

Super Singer Junior………

One of my most ecstatic moments of late was when watching Krishnamurthy sing “Sangeetha jaadi mullai” in the finals of the Super singer Junior. I was awestruck at his performance. What a talent :) a child prodigy is he :) I really wanted to meet him personally and convey my wishes :) An extremely difficult song well delivered :)

In the midst of serials which make you fret, get irritated and cry, Vijay TV often gives a welcome relief J Not spending lakhs and lakhs in getting blockbuster movies for weekends, not roping in the already famous anchors, formulating more of reality shows, they really stand a class apart from the regular Tamil TV channels :) Hats off to the team heading this :)

This competition I started watching only in the last couple of weeks :) I loved Vidyalakshmi (for her extremely good nurtured voice), Roshan (this cute kuzhandai who learnt a new language and sung so well.... he should have come to finals instead of Aparna), Balasaarangan (this always smiling kid) and Dhanyashree’s (a sweet nightingale) voices :) I did like Vignesh too very much till the finals….. no my dislike was not because of his musical performance. What he and Sai Charan displayed off the stage was what made me frown. Vignesh commenting Krishnamoorthy about singing the Sivaji song “avan adha kevalamaa paaduvan”…was really shocking for me. To insult a fellow participant in the media is something I don’t admire from anyone …. Not especially from small children…..Sai Charan was not even ready to say “All the best” for Krishnamoorthy!!

I admire a child not for her/his beauty but for the fact that it is a sweet blessing from God fresh and lovely :) :) :) That really shattered my liking for Vignesh and Sai Charan.

Anyways Krishnamoorthy was my best favourite J I started watching the show only after hearing him singing “Maanguyile Poonguyile” from Garagaatakaaran J Infact the event required the participants to sing the same song by changing it’s feel. Krishnamoorthy sang it in a pathos version…. Which almost made me cry!!!

I was really very very happy that Krishnamoorthy won the contest. These are all some simple things in life isn’t it J Watching your favourite to win the prize, favourite player hitting a sixer, favourite actor grabbing the award etc….

10 Comments:

Blogger Loga said...

i haven't seen this show at all, but all the time read about it everywhere , but as u said its bad to see kids badmouthing the others

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 6:12:00 AM  
Blogger Niraimathi said...

Loga,

If there is a re-telecast sometime do watch it daa :) Some of their displays especially nearing the finals were an excellent treat to watch :)

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:27:00 PM  
Blogger Shree said...

hmm i was watching this program but stopped it long back. it was a nice and different one.
infact, in zee tv they had similar program and it was the judges who threw bad comments on young ones - like 'you have spoiled this song' or 'pl. dont sing anywhere anymore' etc.
anyways.. saw your profile - 'about me' really attracted. am very much like you! :)

Monday, July 23, 2007 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Niraimathi said...

Welcome Padmashri :)

This program really had good judges who motivated the children :)

I think your profile is not made public.... so couldn't see your blog :)

Monday, July 23, 2007 10:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have watched the entire supersinger shows. Vignesh is an awesome find. As far as the finals was concerned, my peeve was with VijayTV. Frankly, the way they showcased Sai and Vignesh in the end, is to be frowned upon. At the same time, they did not cover aparna and krishna talking. So it is pointless to dislike children based on such things.

Both Sai and Vignesh showed maturity and sportiveness in congratuling the winner immediately. And as far as your saying "sai was not even prepared to say good luck to Krish", that too is one-sided. I was watching the video just a while back, and when krishna asked why don't you say the same advice to me, sai said that for the song you picked, it will definitely be yours. And frankly, the talents of Vignesh and Krishna are equal(though Krishna's voice is very well cultured compared to Vignesh's boyish voice), but Sangeetha Jathi Mullai is too awesome a song. I was very happy when Krishna won, and would have been upset had he not. But Vignesh too deserved much recognition, and VijayTV showed their childishness in the final by not recognizing the top 10 kids properly. They recognized Sai but runner up was forgotten.

Some of the best performances on this show was, besides Krishna, by Vignesh, Sai Saran, Aparna, Balasarangan, Vidhyalakshmi(talented child but always purposefully chose tough and not so popular songs), Roshan, and Deepthi. I hope I did not miss some others. I wish all the kids had been recognized for their hard work in the show.

-kajan

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Niraimathi said...

Hi Kajan

Welcome :) Nice that you updated me with some inputs.... Hope I had seen the video :) If Sai had really said so... it's a mistake on my part :)

Me too accept that Vignesh is really talented... He is a genius in music while Krishnamoorthy has the gift of voice :) And this being the competition for a singer Krishnamoorthy leads :)

Infact my husband and I were discussing on the unacceptable gesture of not recognizing the runner-up in the special award section. The fact he has come to finals itself showcases that he is one step ahead than others... That was something the organisers should have avoided :)

Vidyalakshmi was a real genius.... but as you rightly pointed since she chose really tough and unpopular songs that people didn't recognise her talent to the amount she deserves :) Especially we enjoyed the song "Krishna....Krishna" she sang with Anuradha Sriram :) :) :)

Thursday, July 26, 2007 9:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I MISS VIGNESH ! I WAS REALLY UPSET WHEN THEY DID NOT ACKNOWLEDGE VIGNESH PROPERLY. HOW COULD THEY NOT...HE WAS VERY DOWN...SOMEONE, ATLEAST ONE PERSON COULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING ENCOURAGING TO HIM. I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED TO VIJAY TV AND ON ALL THE JUDGES !!!!! THIS SERIES HAS TRAVELLED WORLD WIDE. EVEN STUDENTS LIKE ME IN CANADA...within all the studies going on were watching the show...in the midst of readings and exams ! I WISH I COULD TALK TO VIGNESH...If there is any way you know, please do reply back to me at jeevithar@gmail.com THANK YOU ! and GOOD LUCK VIGNESH !!!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 3:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi guys, im currently a 3rd year student from London, and yeas i too loved watching the show! i made copies of it, and keep watching it in my spare time! I too agree that little vignesh did not get much support once the winner had been announced. The heartbroken look on his face, while he was performing from then onwards, could be noticed (not his jolly self when singing with mahathi) etc. I would be delighted to speak to the little rebel singer. Bless him. Krishna was amazing, and yes he is a born singer, has not had much classical influence compared to sai and vignesh, nevertheless all his performances were spectacular! During the 3day luxury star treatment trip, some of their off camera colours where portrayed. Poor krishna always seemed to be the victim with sai and vignesh.
But he was very mature and handled things diplomatically.

Think since then, the pair have always stuck by one another,hence the positive support for vignesh (from sai). Think sai knew that krishna stood a great chance, therefore encouraged vignesh instead.
Must state that though Aparna did have a very sweet voice, and performed well in the western round, feel that she entered the finals simply by luck.
I was a little disappointed that krishnas and aparnas remarks were muted?! (during sai's/vignesh's performance) little biased indeed.
Moreover after watching some clips about krishnamurthy, feel that he definately deserved the award and his hard work paid off. Would be happy to congradulate him in person. God bless them all! :)

Monday, February 11, 2008 9:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

could any one give me id of krishnamurthy ?????????????????

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 5:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oopppppppsss
i lost in my studies and work last 2years. i just happen to watch supper junior singer 2007. (complete programs in DVD) it was amazing. kids has so many talents in them. i really enjoyed this show in the mean time few things really raised questions in me.
1. the omission of roshan and bala sarangan
2. elimination of dhanyasree and aparna's selection to the final.
3. judges chitra and usha udip both were not looked beyond saisaran among other kids. he got marks eventhough others made much much good performances than him.


kirushnamoorthy and vignesh deserved for finals. and it was very difficult to choose among these two talented kids. but kirushna's hadwork and god's gift voice edge over vignesh's more glorious voice and his music talent.
all the best for your future kids.

- aanand

Monday, February 16, 2009 5:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home